Deactivating an Office 365 Account
Disabling leaver user access
The best way to de-activate the account would be to reset the password. This stops the user from using the account, effectively making the account in-active, while also keeping the account within the directory for future access. Below are instructions on how to complete this task:
- Log in to the Office 365 Partner Portal with an Administrator account.
- On the left side pane select Users > Active Users > Highlight the user you wish to change a password for.
- A right side pane should appear, an option should appear to reset the password, select this and use the wizard to complete the process.
Deleting an account and freeing up licences
THIS SHOULD ONLY BE DONE WHEN WE NO LONGER NEED ACCESS OR EMAILS FROM A MAILBOX, REMOVING A LICENCE COMPLETELY DELETES A MAILBOX WITH NO OPTION OF RECOVERY.
To delete an account or to free up a licence, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to Users > Active Users > Highlight the User who mailbox you wish to remove.
- If you wish to completely remove the account, on the right side pane select the option ‘Delete’
- If you wish to manage the user’s licences. There is an option in the pane to ‘Edit’ under the ‘Assigned Licence’ option where licences can be added and removed.
For additional help or information please do not hesitate to contact us.
Phone: 03333 44 22 12