If you are unsure about approaching this issue please call our helpdesk as you can irreversibly damage your PC if you are not careful
Creating a shared calendar on Office 365
Create an Exchange Online Shared Mailbox
A shared mailbox is a mailbox that multiple users can open to read and send e-mail messages. Shared mailboxes allow a group of users to view and send e-mail from a common mailbox. You can use the shared mailbox feature of Exchange Online to share a calendar, contacts, and tasks.
Note: A shared mailbox has a 5 GB quota limit and appears as a unique mailbox type in the user interface.
How To Do This
Use Windows Powershell to create shared mailbox use the following command:
New-Mailbox -Name "MAILBOX NAME" -Alias corpprint –Shared
Create a security group for the users who need access to the shared mailbox
In the Exchange Control Panel, create a security group for the staff who need access to the shared mailbox.
- Select My Organisation > Users & Groups > Distribution Groups > New.
- Specify a display name, alias and email address.
- Select the Make this group a security group tick box.
- In the Ownership section, click Add to add an owner, if necessary.
- In the Membership section, click Add.
- In the Select Members page, select the users you want to add. When you are finished, click OK.
- On the New Group page, click Save.
Note After you create a security group, the membership is closed. When membership is closed, only group owners can add members to the security group, or owners have to approve requests to join the group. Additionally, only group owners can remove members from the security group.
- Assign the security group the Full Access permission to access the shared mailbox To enable members of the security group to open the shared mailbox, read email, and use the calendar, run the following command
Add-MailboxPermission "MAILBOX NAME" -User "USER NAME" -AccessRights FullAccess
Open Mailboxes page on Exchange Online, It may take up to 60 minutes until users can access a new shared mailbox or until a new security group member can access a shared mailbox
Note: Optionally, you can choose to share some or all of the shared mailbox folders (for example, the inbox folder) with selected users by assigning permissions on the specified folder. If you give full permissions on the mailbox per-folder permissions are not possible.
Once the shared mailbox has been created and permissions assigned, add this shared mailbox as a member of the specific distribution list so it receives a copy of every message received on that distribution list.